Myopia Control Clinic
LOOK Optical is now offering two clinically proven evidence-based methods to treat and control myopia. We have reviewed over a decade of clinical studies, with the mission to reduce the evidence-based visual threats of the more nearsighted patient such as glaucoma and retinal disease.
The incidence of myopia is on the rise and LOOK Optical offers the following two treatments to slow or even halt the progression of childhood myopia.
- Orthokeratology- worn overnight, this contact lens eliminates the need for daytime glasses or contacts and can slow down or halt the progression of myopia.
- Soft Daily Multifocal Contact Lenses- Clear daytime vision in lenses worn only during hours you are awake and can slow or halt the progression of myopia.
Prospective myopia control patients would be children and young adults with the following risk factors:
- A parent who is nearsighted
(can’t see well far away without glasses)
- A current diagnosis of nearsightedness
- Limited exposure to outdoor activities
- Excessive concentration for up cliose activities
LOOK Optical offers a free consultation and also provides access to many on-line resources for the clinical background of these promising treatments.
Please e-mail us for and appointment.
The Myopia Control Clinic idea came from both practitioners being parents. We all want our children to do well and have every advantage without limitation.
LOOK Optical’s mission is: To enhance the lives of others with the best products and service.
Dr. Amy Catalano, OD, is a mother of two and specializes in pediatric cases. She is an expert contact lens fitter and medically-trained optimetrist with a specialty in Dry Eye.
Alex Thayer, LDO, COT, ABOC, NCLEC, has been an adjunct professor at Benjamin Franklin Institute, Boston, MA, is a Massachusetts Licensed Dispensing Optician and has designed and fit contact lenses for all ages for over 20 years.
You can read more about Myopia management at: